I recently made this drill team pattern for two of my riders. They performed it in the Fun Show and it looked great so I thought I’d share, since I couldn’t find any two person drill team patterns out in internet land. Feel free to use it!
Things to teach for drill team:
- how to rate your horse’s speed
- how to use rating your horse’s speed to stay even with a partner’s horse – in drill team use shoulder to shoulder, because this looks nicer and more even than head to head, since horse’s have various length necks
- how to do the individual parts of the pattern before putting them altogether with a partner
- trot across the diagonal
- circles of various sizes
- ride down the centerline and circle at X all the way to the rail and back
- ride the hourglass shape
- reverse directions on the centerline
- how to halt square
- how to salute
P.S. Sorry I don’t know any of the official names of these maneuvers! I couldn’t find them and/or made them up.
Click on the picture above for the full size jpeg image!
Note: This is not professional advice, this is a blog. I am not liable for what you do with or how you use this information. The activities explained in this blog may not be fit for every rider, riding instructor, or riding center depending on their current condition and resources. Use your best personal judgement!